Art Advocates & Collectors, AA&C takes you behind the scenes and to the heart of what is happening now in contemporary art practice. Share an inspiring journey through events aimed at increasing exposure to modern art practices, and enjoying VIP entry to many private collections, museums, artist’s studios and art exhibitions held in and around our inspiring city, Melbourne.
AA&C Membership will be open to discerning art lovers, advocates and collectors who wish to expand their art knowledge and to support contemporary art practices in Melbourne and beyond. After our inaugural year, we will collectively select a worthwhile art project to support as art advocates.
- A calendar of VIP events with a focus on exposure to a broad range of current ‘contemporary art practices’.
- Monthly events scheduled throughout the year for the group to attend in a relaxed social environment.
- New opportunities to meet like-minded people and extend your art collecting networks.
- Private ‘behind the scenes’ tours to both new & established art venues and a greater involvement in contemporary art practices.
- Developing a closer perspective on cultural trends and a unique opportunity to become an advocate supporting art practice in Australia.
- Regular insider knowledge provided to our AA&C members re: the buying and collecting of art.
There will be an annual membership fee of $330.00 per financial year.
If you are interested in becoming a member of ‘ART ADVOCATES & COLLECTORS’ send us an email to: email@example.com or send us a message care of our website with a brief comment as to why you would like to join the
Melbourne based AA&C.
List of planned AA&C 2020 events:
- February Thursday 13th – ‘A Day in Windsor’ MARS Gallery Exhibition visit with Director’s Talk / Lunch and 2nd Galllery visit – The newly opened, Windsor Gallery, The FINKELSTEIN Gallery.
- March Saturday 28th – Special ‘Guided Group Tour of the CRUDEN FARM Garden’ / Lunch in Mornington / and visit to MPAG – Mornington Peninsula Art Gallery to see ‘A Collection of Strange Things’ Curated by Artist Patrick Pound.
- April Thursday 16th – Guided group ‘Walk Through’ of The Pt. LEO SCULPTURE PARK, Merricks Victoria. / Lunch at: Pt. Leo Restaurant / Tour of ‘Contemporary Art Collection’ at The JACKALOPE HOTEL, Merricks Victoria.
- May Friday 29th – NGV International ‘Walk Through’ of The CAMILLE HENROT’S Cross Media Exhibition ‘Splendid Isolation’ / Lunch in the city / Studio visit to: The Nicholas Building – Artist / TBC
- June 11th – 14th – VIP visit to MONA, in Hobart for ‘DARK MOFO’ (Limited places available)*
- June 18th – 21st – MAF – Melbourne Art Fair / Join us for many VIP events across the Fair or join us for ‘one off’ event such as the opening Vernissage night.
VIP Sculpture Tour to Auckland NZ
Our small VIP group will fly out of Melbourne at the end of October 2019 and at the end of November 2019, to start our Art Tour the very next morning. Our first night we will enjoy a relaxed dinner all together nearby to our boutique accommodation: The Hotel Grand Windsor, Auckland.
Friday, the next morning, we will travel North out of the city of Auckland and travel together into the countryside where we will enjoy a personal tour of the world class, open-air sculpture park, GIBBS Farm. This park contains the largest collection of large-scale outdoor ‘site specific’ sculptures in New Zealand.
Director of Avec Pleasure Art Tours, Anne McGravie-Wright will lead us through the impressive, privately owned, expansive 400 hectares large sculpture park. Anne has led many tours to this truly inspiring sculpture park many times since it has been open for selected days to the public.
Due to the fact that there is so much wonderful sculpture to see and a fair amount of distance to cover, we have allocated most of the day, Friday, to take in the large GIBBS Farm sculpture park at our leisure, allowing ample time for some personal reflection and photography.
A picnic lunch will be provided for this excursion and there will be ample time to discuss what we experience on the drive back to Auckland and over dinner.Everyone is so impressed from their visit to GIBBS Farm, that we never really finish talking about our ‘once in a lifetime’ experience.
Proposed March/November Itinerary
Depart Melbourne for Auckland
Arrival Drinks once group is checked in at hotel
Group dinner near to hotel (optional & not included)*
Day tour to Gibbs Farm & back to Auckland
Transportation & Picnic lunch at the farm
Guided tour of collection by A McGravie-Wright
Free evening clients to arrange their own dining arrangements.
Morning Tour of Auckland Art Gallery (AAG) & Botanic Gardens
Lunch at AAG
Afternoon viewing of (2) NZ Private Contemporary Art Galleries
Gow Langford Gallery & Sanderson Contemporary
Early morning check out
Morning Tour of Auckland Museum (10am start – 11 am Maori experience)
Estimated departure from Museum should be close to noon
Transfer out to Auckland Airport
Return to Melbourne