Due to the developing situation worldwide – we have had to cancel this years May tour to Frieze NYC 2020 – It is Avec Pleasure’s hope that we will return next year to plan another visit to the wonderful city of New York – and attend the inspiring FRIEZE NYC 2021.
May 6th – May 12th 2020
$5,899.00 AUD (excluding airfairs)
For further details including costs of this tour please email us via the link below.
- Accommodation for 6 nights in historic, mid-town private club, NYAC. (extra supplements apply for single room use)*
- Daily breakfast in the Club’s historic dinning room may be included for additional cost.
- Provision of VIP passes to FRIEZE NYC Art Fair 2020 and free access to their excellent ‘behind the scenes’ VIP program.
- Entrance fees to selected Art Galleries and Cultural centres as listed in our NYC itinerary.
- Welcome drinks on our first tour night included as is our final evening group dinner at a surprise NYC venue. All other meals will be at your own expense.
- All Avec Pleasure ‘art lectures’ while on tour and the provision of detailed online notes for the external exhibitions selected for our group visits.
- Private group tour in Chelsea district with art writer & critic Merrily Kerr of ‘New York art tours’ If time allows, we will also arrange for time to walk part of the ‘High Line’ linear park.
- Private architectural tours or specialty shopping tours, as well as musical performances at Carnegie Hall or The Ballet can all be arranged at additional cost. Please note: all additional tours and associated tickets must be booked prior to your departure from Melbourne.
A fascinating week of Art Immersion May 6th – 12th 2020. FRIEZE NYC Art Fair is now recognized as NY’s most important Art Fair. In 2012, Frieze UK launched Frieze NYC, which takes place in early May on Randall Island. Frieze NYC offers serious art enthusiasts the opportunity to encounter an exceptional quality and range of contemporary artwork and installations. 2020 will mark the ninth edition of the ever-inspiring Frieze NYC Art Fair. Avec Pleasure would love for you to join our group and experience all that New York City has to offer you.
With a new era upon us, there’s never been a better time to put yourself first, to discover the true art enthusiast within and to share that experience with others who also love all things visual and cultural.
Avec Pleasure has secured tickets to this event for everyone on the tour.
Explore Kusama’s eternal love for plants
Plants and landscapes are inextricably woven into Kusama’s multifaceted art. NYBG’s multiple installations include the artist’s signature mirrored environments and monumental floral and vegetal sculptures across the 250-acre landmark landscape and buildings.
In and around the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory, the artist’s two dimensional work comes to life through a seasonal progression of violas, salvias, zinnias, chrysanthemums, and other colorful annuals, while her plant-inspired, polka-dotted sculptures are nestled among meadow grasses, bellflowers, water lilies, and more. This mesmerizing indoor-outdoor spectacle is designed to change with the seasons, transforming among tulips and irises in the spring and pumpkins and chrysanthemums in the fall.
Enjoy Kusama’s iconic sculptures, including Hymn of Life: Tulips (2007) in the Conservatory Courtyard Pool; in the LuEsther T. Mertz Library Building, explore her signature mirrored environment Pumpkins Screaming About Love Beyond Infinity (2017); vibrant nature-based paintings, biomorphic collages, works on paper, and botanical sketches; and more.